BOOK MESMERIZING SANDAKPHU & PHALUT TREKKING PACKAGES WITH DENZONG LEISURE - BEAT RATES
|Destination||:||Sandakphu - The highest peak in the state of West Bengal, India|
|Duration||:||7 Nights / 8 Days|
|Pickup & Drop||:||Nearest Airport / Rail Station|
|Accommodation||:||Tent / Camp / Trekkers Hut|
|Best Time to Trek Sandakphu & Phalut||:||Spring is the best time to Trek Sandakphu (April-May) when the wild flowers and rhododendron are in its fullest bloom. The monsoon months (July-August) are not very pleasant because of the rain. During April and May the weather is very pleasant and sunny. Trekkers can enjoy the enigmatic beauty of mighty Himalayan Range and Mt. Kanchenjungha at its best.|
DETAIL ITINERARY FOR SANDAKPHU & PHALUT TREKKING PACKAGES
Day 1 : Pickup from Manebhanjan
- Pickup from nearest point & transfer to Base Camp at Manebhanjan. Evening leisure. Night Camp Stay in Manebhanjan.
Day 2 : Manebhanjan to Tonglu
- The starting point of the trek. The days walk, about 06 hrs, is uphill and the trail passes through small village of Chitre and forests of Rhododendrons and Magnolias. The trekkers hut at Tonglu (3020m) is located on a hill top overlooking the Sikkim Himalayas. Overnight Trekkers Hut / Camp stay at Tonglu.
Day 3 : Tonglu to Garibus
- We undertake a pleasant walk through the forest which is home to the rare Red Panda and the Tragopan. After about 04 hrs we’ll reach the Trekker's Hut in Gairibas (2620m), where we spend the night.
Day 4 : Garibus to Sandakphu
- Sandakphu trek continues. After breakfast, start the trek to Sandakphu (3636 m) which takes about 06 hrs. Sandakphu is the place to view the mountains. On a clear day one can see the peaks of Lhotse (8501m), Everest (8848m) and Makalu (8475m) of the Nepal Himalayas and the huge Kanchenjanga massif (8586m) along with other peaks of the Sikkim Himalayas. Overnight stay at Trekkers Hut at Sandakphu.
Day 5 : Sandakphu to Phalut
- At this part of Sandakphu Trek, the trail is along a ridge and can be considered as one of the most enjoyable and scenic walks in the Himalayas. The whole range of snowy peaks is always in view and the trail passes through high altitude vegetation and areas of dwarf rhododendrons and firs. The walk to Phalut (3600m) is about 07 hours. Overnight Camp / Trekkers Hut stay at Phalut.
Day 6 : Phalut to Rammam
- Sandakphu Trek continues early morning walk up to Phalut Top to view the sunrise over the Himalayas. After breakfast start trek to Rammam (2560m) which takes about 05 hrs. The trail passes through the villages of Gorkhey and Samanden and the forest provides ample opportunities for birding. Overnight Camp / Trekkers Hut stay at Rammam.
Day 7 : Rammam to Rimbik
- We move from Rammam, the trail descends to the bridge at Sirikhola and passes through a number of small villages to reach Rimbik (2280m), the road head. Camp / Trekkers Hut stay at Rimbik.
Day 8 : Trek Ends. Proceed for onward destination
- Morning after breakfast at Rimbik, proceed to Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Rail Station / Tenzing Norgey Bus Stop at Siliguri.
Things to be carried :
- Medicines, First Aid Kit
- Torch, Lighter, Camera, Binocular
- Multi utility knife Like a Swiss knife
- All required toiletries
- Shoes (compulsory)
- Shorts / Cargos/ Track pants
- Windcheater / Jacket
- Pickup and drop from nearest Station or Airport (Optional)
- High Altitude Trekking Permits / Permission
- Trek Guide, Experienced Cook, Porters
- Tents / Huts, Kitchen / Dining Tents
- Sleeping Bags, Mattresses, Hot Water Bags
- All Meals and Drinks Throughout the Trek
- Table & Chair, Basic Medicinal Kit
- English / Hindi Speaking Trek Guide
- Air Fare / Train Fare / Bus Fare
- All meals other than those specified in ‘Cost Includes’
- Expenses of personal nature
- Any other items not mentioned in ‘Cost Includes’
Terms and Conditions :
- Denzong reserves the right to re-arrange itinerary to suit hotel availability without changing the total number of days in each destination and without compromising any services.
- The vehicle used is AC/NAC and is available for point to point services only and is not at disposal. Clients are requested to follow the itinerary.
*** Cancellation Policy :
- Less than 7 Days Prior to Date of Travel: 100% of the Package Cost as cancellation charge
- 7 – 15 Days Prior to Date of Travel: 75% of the Package Cost as cancellation charge
- 16 - 30 Days Prior to Date of Travel: 50% of Package Cost as cancellation charge
- More than 30 Days: Full Refund of Package Cost Excluding Processing Fees
Sandakfu or Sandakhphu is the highest peak of West Bengal situated on the border of West Bengal of India and Nepal at an altitude of around 12,000 ft and in the area of Singalila National Park. Sandakphu means "Height of the Poison Plant" derives its name from the poisonous plants that grow near the top. |
From Sandakphu the best view of the mountain Kanchendzonga is possible, which is known as the Sleeping Buddha or the Sleeping Shiva. On any clear day trekkers, travellers gets mesmerized by the awesome view of Mt. Kanchenjunga (3rd Highest peak in the world), Mt. Everest (The highest Peak in the world), Lhotse and Makalu.
Phalut on Singhalila Range situated close to 12000 ft and is just 22 kilometers away from Sandakphu. The Phalut top is try junction of Nepal, Sikkim and India. Another attraction of this area is the old Landover introduced by British people in the year 1948. Traveling up to Sandakhu (Some time up to Phalut) by Landrover is a memorable experience for those tourists who are not able to walk. There are lots of trekking route from Sandakphu and Phalut for the amateur and professional trekkers.
Manebhanjan - (2150 m; 26°59'19"N 88°7'18"E), the gateway of the Singalila National Park, is a village in the Darjeeling district in the state of West Bengal in India, lies on the border between India and Nepal. It is the start of the trailhead for the trek to Sandakphu on the Singalila Ridge and the income of the local residents is geared towards tourism. Manebhanjan can be reached directly from New Jalpaiguri Railway Station where hired vehicles are available.
Kalipokhri or Land of the Black Lake is a small hamlet, at an altitude of just over 3000 m en-route to Sandakphu, gets its name from a small pond. Kalipokhri is a holy place for those following Buddhism. It is believed that Nepalese villagers worship the black lake and no one is allowed to take a swim or a dip in this lake.
Tonglu (3036 m) is a trekker’s paradise for a stay on the way to Sandakfu from Mane Bhanjyang. At an altitude of 3036 m Tonglu is one of the higher peaks of the Singalila Ridge and a small settlement inside the Singalila National Park in the Darjeeling subdivision, Darjeeling district in the state of West Bengal in India near the India - Nepal border. Wonderful trekker’s hut, heartfelt hospitality, majestic Kanchendzonga at the backdrop and above all breathtaking view of sunrise have all made this place an adorable place to stay.
Package cost Per HeadINR
(5% GST Applicable)
A Car from NJP / Bagdogra will cost INR 4000/- (One Way)
Feel Free to Call us :
Head Office : 033-22640048/49
Regional Branches :
Siliguri : +91-8334990789
- Company Owned Vehicle / Boat
- Trained Tour Guide on Company Payroll
- Local controlling office
- Essential Medical Kit available @24/7
- Special facilities for Senior Citizens and Infants
- Mobile Phone / Internet on-demand
- You can see 4 of the 5 Highest Peaks of the World!
- You can experience an Unforgettable Sunrise on Kangchenjunga!
- You can be above the Kingdom of Clouds!
- Kangchenjunga beckons from Every Window!
- It is a paradise for "Bird Watchers"
- You can see rare Red Panda