WE ORGANIZE BIRD WATCHING PACKAGES IN SUNDARBAN WITH EXPERIENCED TOUR GUIDE
|Destination||:||SUNDARBAN - BIRD WATCHERS HEAVEN|
|Duration||:||2 NIGHTS AND 3 DAYS|
|THE ROYAL BENGAL RESORT |
SUNDERBAN RIVERSIDE HOLIDAY RESORT
SUNDERBAN TIGER CAMP
** Children above 10+ years will be charged 100% as per Adult Rate. |
** Children above 9 years to be treated as adult for Sunderban Package (AP Meal Plan).
** Children of age 5 years + to 9 Years will be charged 50% of Adult Rate (AP Meal Plan).
** Children below 5 years Complimentary.
A Binoculars, a field guide, note book, pencil, patience, an inherent interest, spare time, and an inquiring mind! That’s all you need to take yourself out of these concrete jungles and wrapped yourself with the colour full blessing of Mother Nature for an enjoyable outdoor exercise and intellectual activity called – BIRD WATCHING / BIRDING |
Birding is not just walking for an hour or two, a half or full day or even longer. If you really feel birding by heart, it will make you a bit more alive. It gives a person fresh air, ability to identifying colourful world of beautiful birds as well as awareness about its conservation.
Welcome to Sundarban Mangrove Forest from Kolkata (Ex Kolkata), a paradise for bird watchers and birding thanks to its biological diversity, location on migratory routes, lush green wild forest and salty river bed. Every year hundreds of bird species populate or pass this amazing land for breeding, resting, migrating making this great land the ideal spot for Bird Watching and heaven for ornithologists.
About 248 species of birds found in Sundarban including a large no of migratory birds in winter like Eurasian Curlew, Black-tailed Godwit, Common Sandpiper, Marsh Sandpiper, Lesser Sand Plover, Pacific Golden Plover, Grey Plover, Pallas's Gull, Common Iora, Orange-headed Thrush, Tickell's Thrush, Mangrove Whistler, Oriental Magpie Robin, Barn Swallow, Chestnut-tailed Starling, Dusky Warbler, Greenish Warbler, Jungle Babbler, Yellow Wagtail, Scarlet-backed Flowerpecker.
Denzong Leisure, an ISO Certified Travel Advisor Company from Kolkata and specialized in Birding Tour in Sundarban has come up with an weekend Bird Watching Tourism from Kolkata (EX - Kolkata) at best Price. For detail call +91 9836117777 Now.
Day 1 : Kolkata - Godhkhali - Sunderbans
- Pickup from Kolkata in an exclusive vehicle and drive to Godhkhali, a journey of about 3 hrs. After obtaining requisite Forest permission we transfer you from Godhkhali jetty by motor boat to the tourist lodge located in the Sunderbans Islands. This journey would take you down the rivers Hogil, Gomar, Durgaduni and Gumdi in about one and a half hour. In the afternoon after lunch, set off on motor boat to the Sunderbans National Park and view wildlife from the Sajnekhali watchtower and visit the Sajnekhali Museum and Mangrove Interpretation Centre. This Watchtower provides one with an opportunity to view wildlife from close quarters. You can find Brahminy Kite soaring over the channels and Rose – Ringed Parakeets squawking in tree – tops. After watching the sunset, we return you to your resort either to rest or if you are interested, you may enjoy an entertaining evening of Folk Dance “Banbibi Pala" with Bonfire. Dinner and night halt at the forest resort/boat.
Day 2 : Sunderban
- In the morning you can find Warblers, Purple Rumped Sunbirds, Black-Headed Orioles in the garden. The second day involves a full day cruise through the rivers and narrow creeks of the Sundarbans National Park and a lovely birding experience. Food would be prepared and served on the launch itself. Start after bed tea and visit the various watch towers of Sudhanyakhali as well as Do Banki. You will find Ashy Swallow Shrike flying over your head. The canopy walk at Do Banki gives you an opportunity to view wildlife from a netted enclosure.
- Thereafter, enjoy the thrill of cruising deep in the “Indian Amazon” as India Beacons calls it and also around the islands of the Sunderban Tiger Project Area. Let yourself be guided by our Naturalist and Guide to view the Mangrove forest from close quarters, deep inside the creeks and return in the evening. Overnight stay at the forest resort/boat.
Day 3 : Sunderbans to Kolkata
- In the morning, we cruise along the waterways and take you for a tour of Chargheri Char, the Southernmost village of South 24 Parganas. This is a special attraction where you have a chance to get a feel of the "Mudflats". An important physical feature of Sundarbans are the "Mudflats". You may be lucky enough to see small Octopus, Star Fish, Jelly Fish, Horse shoe Crab, prawn seeds as well as many other variety of fishes etc. Optional activity involves country boat ride along the jungles.
- We then set off for a visit to a village and learn about the experiences of the villagers in the forest. Meet the fishermans, the Honey Collectors as well as the woodcutters and share their experiences of the Jungle. After lunch at the resort/boat, at around 12:00 p.m, we depart for Godhkhali to be transferred to Kolkata. Arrive at Kolkata by about 5:30 / 6:00 pm. Tour ends with sweet memories.
What You May See :
- Birds and owls of different species, Royal Bengal Tiger crossing river while you are cruising or from the watch tower, Crocodile taking rest on the bunk of the river, Spotted / Barking deer, Monkey, Monitor Lizard, Mudflats, Small octopus, Star fish, Jelly fish, Horse shoe crabs, Prawn seeds
Important Info :
- The Sundarbans is the largest single block of tidal mangrove forest in the world. The Sundarbans is a UNESCO World Heritage Site covering parts of Bangladesh and the Indian State of West Bengal
- A moderate amount of walking is required so comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at the time of Booking for international guests
- Carry all your documents and money
- Exclusive 6 cylinder engine Vessel with 8 beds, modern wash room and hot and cold water
- Services of Ornithologist having several years of experience in Bird Watching
- AC Deluxe Rooms in Eco Resort for night stay.
- Exclusive SUV Car from Kolkata Airport
- Well trained English Spoken guide
- The Boat with all safety equipments
- Welcome drinks, fresh cut coconut water
- In boat cooking system to serve fresh food
- Camp fire inside resort
- Folk song in the evening at resort
- Special river cruise in side deep forest by hand pulled boat
- Food plan is AP (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Mineral water throughout the journey
- Guide Charges, Entry Fees to Watchtowers and boat Entry Fees
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills, and beverages
- Camera charges, Optional, suggested or unspecified activities
Terms and Conditions :
- Denzong reserves the right to re-arrange itinerary to suit hotel availability without changing the total number of days in each destination and without compromising any services.
- The vehicle used is AC/NAC and is available for point to point services only and is not at disposal. Clients are requested to follow the itinerary.
- Payment of 25% of Package Cost at the time of booking and balance within 7 days prior travel date. Booking is confirmed on payment of booking amount.
*** Cancellation Policy :
- Less than 7 Days Prior to Date of Travel: 100% of the Package Cost as cancellation charge
- 7 – 15 Days Prior to Date of Travel: 75% of the Package Cost as cancellation charge
- 16 - 30 Days Prior to Date of Travel: 50% of Package Cost as cancellation charge
- More than 30 Days: Full Refund of Package Cost Excluding Processing Fees
Feel Free to Call us :
Head Office : 033-22640048/49
Regional Branches :
Siliguri : +91-8334990789
SPECIALITY OF DENZONG
- Company Owned Vehicle / Boat
- Trained Tour Guide on Company Payroll
- Local controlling office
- Essential Medical Kit available @24/7
- Special facilities for Senior Citizens and Infants
- Mobile Phone / Internet on-demand