WE ARRANGE RIVER RAFTING & CAMPING PACKAGE IN TEESTA RIVER, SIKKIM
|Destination||:||SIKKIM - TARKHOLA - TEESTA RIVER|
|Duration||:||150 MINS (LOW WATER) AND 130 MINS (HIGH WATER) - RAFTING|
|*** The Minimum and Maximum age bars are 5 and 65 respectively|
|If you want to add some fizz in your life, come and get plunged in icy, crystal clear blue water of river Teesta for White Water River rafting, which is one of the latest adventure sports in Sikkim.|
A helmet, a life jacket, a pair of oars and a tiny float called a "raft” will make you hit the challenging waters of the turbulent Teesta and Rangeet. Whether you are experienced or novice, Denzong’s experienced and well-trained river guides will execute and ensure a safe trip for you along the river Teesta.
In Sikkim, River Teesta and its tributary Rangit offer the best routes for River Rafting and Camping Tour. Both these rivers provide long stretches that are perfect for safe rafting. In fact, Teesta River has been ranked at Grade 4 on the international scale. Teesta with Its chilly waters have a series of rapids with sketchy intensity and character while its tributary Rangit, has more turbulent waters and offers a great challenges to most experienced rafters.
At denzongs Leisure, we offer river rafting for swimmers as well as non swimmers also. For swimmer category, guests will be transferred to Tarkhola, which is the starting point. After Changing the dress and putting on life jacketed, guests will be instructed do’s and don’ts and several tips for using the raft and the oars for about 15 minutes by guide / instructor and will be board on raft for set in their journey for about 150 minutes in low water and 130 minutes in high water. This will end at Teesta. The distance between Tarkhola and Teesta is 11 km. Which guest will enjoy to the fullest extent and of course a great experience for lifetime.
For non swimmers it is about 45 minutes rafting in low-water and 25 minutes in high-water starting from Melli of Sikkim to Teesta, a small town on way to Gangtok. On the way, guests would be able to locate many white sandy beaches, which can become good campsites. To put succinctly, it would be apt to say that one must come and enjoy the gushing waters of Teesta and Rangit on the rafts. River Rafting in Sikkim would actually be a stupefying experience for you.
- Arrive at Tarkhola in Sikkim which is the starting point for swimmer category. Change your dress and be ready for an adventurous river rafting. This will end at Teesta – Darjeeling. The distance between Tarkhola and Teesta is 11 km. which you will enjoy to the fullest extent. After rafting you can take rest in the tent house. Have your lunch and remaining day at leisure. You will be transferred to NJP / Siliguri in the evening.
River Water Grade Info :
- Grade 1: Easy, small waves. No obstacles
- Grade 2: Moderate difficulty with clear passages
- Grade 3: Difficult, high irregular waves, narrow passages- require precise maneuvering
- Grade 4: Difficult, powerful waves, Very precise maneuvering required
- Grade 5: Extremely difficult, violent, highly congested
Important Info :
- Swimming costume and quick drying shorts
- Males: Bodyfit t-shirt and shorts
- Females: Bodyfit t-shirt, shorts / leggings / track pant
- Sunglasses with retaining cord
- Antiseptic Cream and Sunscreen Lotion
- Mobile Phone with Extra Mobile Batteries
- River Sandals and old Sneakers, no flip flops
Inclusions : (Only Rafting + Camping Charges)
- Stay in a river side tent
- Meal – 1 Breakfast + 1 Lunch + 1 Dinner
- English / Hindi Speaking Guide
- Air Fare / Train Fare / Car Fare
- Expenses of personal nature
- Any other items not mentioned in ‘Cost Includes’
- Only Water rafters are allowed to camp
- No cold or hard drinks
Terms and Conditions :
- Denzong reserves the right to re-arrange itinerary to suit hotel availability without changing the total number of days in each destination and without compromising any services.
- The vehicle used is AC/NAC and is available for point to point services only and is not at disposal. Clients are requested to follow the itinerary.
*** Cancellation Policy :
- Less than 7 Days Prior to Date of Travel: 100% of the Package Cost as cancellation charge
- 7 – 15 Days Prior to Date of Travel: 75% of the Package Cost as cancellation charge
- 16 - 30 Days Prior to Date of Travel: 50% of Package Cost as cancellation charge
- More than 30 Days: Full Refund of Package Cost Excluding Processing Fees
Pick-up and drop at
One Way - Full Car wil cost
Feel Free to Call us :
Head Office : 033-22640048/49
Regional Branches :
Siliguri : +91-8334990789
SPECIALITY OF DENZONG
- Company Owned Vehicle / Boat
- Trained Tour Guide on Company Payroll
- Local controlling office
- Essential Medical Kit available @24/7
- Special facilities for Senior Citizens and Infants
- Mobile Phone / Internet on-demand