Ladakh (meaning "land of high mountain passes") is a mountainous region in North India. Leh, the main city is situated at 3500m above sea level nestled in the great Himalayan, Karakoram, Zanskar, and Ladakh ranges. Ladakh is known for remote mountain beauty, studded with monasteries and stupas. Ladakh is often referred to as "Little Tibet" due to its geographical proximity and strong links to Tibetan culture.
Leh is at 3500m above sea level so acclimatization can get difficult because of the high altitude. It is advisable to spend at least two days acclimatizing before you set out for your adventures. Drink plenty of water or other fluids such as soup, tea, and juice.
Ladakh is a rain shadow region of the Himalayas, the annual
average rainfall in Leh is 100 mm. In summer, the temperature reaches 25°C and it
drops down to -15°C in winter. The high passes are closed during winter due to
Ladakhi, Zanskari, Tibetan, English, and Hindi - The predominant language is Ladakhi, it is closely related to Tibetan though is not mutually intelligible with it. A Ladakhi phrasebook "Getting Started in Ladakhi" by Melong publication is available in bookstores.
Destinations Covered: Leh, Monasteries, Pangong Lake, Khardungla& Nubra Valley
Standard - Hotel Sankar | Noble House | Ladakh Marvel | The Himalaya | Malik Palace
Deluxe - Hotel Sipa | Chonjor Residency | City Palace | Imperial Ladakh | Lingzi | Antilope
Super Deluxe - Hotel Spic N Span | Singee Palace (Dlx) | Chantsa | Ladakh Palace | Dragon | The Kaal | Saraha
Standard - Sun n Sand Camp | Habib Guesthouse | Siachen Guesthouse
Deluxe - Nubra Ethnic Camp | Regal Camp | Royal Desert Camp | Nubra Summer Camp | Nubra Delight Camp
Super Deluxe - Nubra Ethnic Camp | Regal Camp | Imperial Eco Cottage
| Nubra Summer Camp | Wooden Resort
Standard - Buddha Camp | Norling Camp
Deluxe - Tso Camp | Regal Camp | Pangong Delight Camp | Norling Cosy Cottage
Super Deluxe - Tso Camp | Norling Cosy Cottage
Arrival Leh by morning flight and transfer to the hotel. After a welcome drink take complete rest for acclimatization to the height altitude of Leh (3500 meters). In the late afternoon drive to the city for an orientation walk in the markets‚ followed by a visit to Shanti Stupa‚ Leh palace. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
SHANTI STUPA is situated on a hilltop in Chanspa, Leh district, Ladakh, in the north Indian state of Leh. Shanti Stupa is a know Buddhist white-domed stupa. It was built in 1991 by Japanese Buddhist Bhikshu Gyomyo Nakamura. The Shanti Stupa holds the relics of the Buddha at its base, enshrined by the 14th Dalai Lama himself. Shanti stupa has provides a beautiful and panoramic view of the surrounding landscape. This has become a primary reason for Shanti Stupa to become a popular tourist attraction, apart from its religion.
THE LEH PALACE, also known as 'Lhachen Palkhar,' is a 17th-century former royal
palace and one of the central attractions in Leh. Built under the patronage of King Sengge Namgyal, it used to house his family. The nine-story
dun-coloured palace now houses a museum and a prayer room, while the highlight
is the sweeping view of Leh and the surrounding Zanskar mountain from the
Post Breakfast we proceed to Indus Valley Monastery Starting with Hemis Gompa, the largest monastic foundation of Drukpa Kagyu Order of Tibetan Buddhism, Thiksey Monastery is an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village, Shey Palace, The ancient capital of Ladakh, 3 Idiots Rancho School & Sindhu Ghat. After visiting the above places we drive back to Leh. Overnight at Hotel.
SHEY – It was the ancient capital of Ladakh and even after Singge Namgyal built the more imposing palace at Leh, the kings continued to regard Shey, as their real home. The importance which was attached to Shey – the seat of Ladakh’s heartland – is attested by the enormous number of Chorten about the village, particularly around the palace complex and barren plain to the north of the road.
THIKSEY – Is one of the largest and most impressive Gompas. There are several temples in this Gompa containing images, stupas, and exquisite wall paintings. It also houses a two-storied statue of Buddha which has the main prayer hall around its shoulder
HEMIS – Which is dedicated to Padmasambhava, a visitor can observe a series of scenes in which the lamas, robed in gowns of rich, brightly-colored brocade and sporting masks sometimes bizarrely hideous, parade in solemn dance and mime around the huge flag pole in the center of the courtyard to the plaintive melody of the Shawn.
3 IDIOTS RANCHO SCHOOL:-This school became famous after Aamir Khan's movie Three Idiots. The name of this school is Druk Padma Karpo School, which is also known as Druk White Lotus school. The clean and eco-friendly structures of the school are designed to withstand seismic disturbances. This school was conferred one of the most beautiful schools in the world by BBC London in the year 2016.
SINDHU GHAT is a riverbank near Shey Monastery in Leh. Located 10 Km upstream of the Indus river, it originates from Mansarovar Lake and Mount Kailash in Tibet. The scenic landscape of this attraction near Leh seems surreal. The barren mountains, rocky terrain, and river traversing the region are a sight to behold. Visit this ghat during the Sindhu Darshan Festival in June to experience the cultural extravaganza that Leh has to offer. The festival comprises sightseeing trips, campfires,s, and many more exciting activities.
After an early breakfast, we leave for Pangong Lake through Changla pass 5486 Mtrs. The long easy ascent takes you to Changla passing through its winding roads passing through Sakti Village. Stop at the Changla Pass for a quick photograph session and drive down to the village of Tangtse, where you can relax for a cup of tea. Leaving Tangtse for Pangong you pass through a few small villages of Changthang and finally, you can have a sudden view of Pangong Lake situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m).
This famous blue brackish Lake of Pangong is 5/6 Kms wide and over 133 Kms long with half of its running on the other side of the "INDO CHINA BORDER". One rarely feels so close to nature and the environment and the scenery is unforgettable. After the success of 3 Idiots, this beautiful natural location has attracted more tourists from all over the world. After spending some time at Pangong We drive back to Leh in the late afternoon. Overnight at Hotel in Leh
Post breakfast we drive to Nubra Valley. The road journey from Leh to Nubra Valley passes over Khardung La (The Highest Motorable Road In The World) at 5,602 Mtrs / 18,390 Ft, around 39 km from Leh. From the pass, one can see all the way south over the Indus valley to seemingly endless peaks and ridges of the Zanskar range, and north to the giants of the Saser massif. Nubra Valley is popularly known as Ldumra or the valley of flowers. It is situated in the north of Ladakh between the Karakoram and Ladakh ranges of the Himalayas. The average altitude of the valley is 10,000 Ft. above sea level.
Upon arrival in Nubra, we check in at our Camp / Hotel in Hunder for an Overnight stay. In the evening you can walk around the tiny villages to see how the locals live in this part of the world. A visit to a Ladakhi home can be arranged. Overnight Stay at the Camp or Hotel.
In the morning drive to Diskit (Headquarters of Nubra) and visit Diskit Monastery. Later, drive back to Leh, reaching in the late afternoon. For the rest of the day exploring the markets. Dinner and overnight in Hotel.
Tour concludes. The Samsara Holidays thank you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer to Domestic Airport to catch the flight for your onward Destination.
TERMS & CONDITION:
1. Prices valid from 01st April 2021 to 31st Oct. 2021
2. Check-In / Check-out time at all the properties would at 1200 hrs (Noon)
3. We will not bear any cost for flight cancellation or delay due to Bad weather or any other reason given by the airline. Cost for accommodation and transport in such cases will have to be borne by passenger by at own.
4. There would be no refund for the road blocks at Nubra Valley | Pangong Lake & Tsomoriri Lake due to natural calamity. The alternate accommodation Cost at Leh due to the same should be bear by the passenger directly.
5. No Refund or Compensation for any unused services or transport in any kind of circumstance.
6. No refund in case of No Show.
7. No changes in the date of travel once booked.
8. Room allotment will be as per availability at the time of check in, floor or view preferences are not guaranteed.
9. 25% advance (Non Refundable) to be deposited at the time of booking confirmation & Balance 75 % 15 days prior to arrival.
10. Cost of Child between 6 to 09 Yrs (Without Bed only) & for extra Bed kindly consider the cost of Extra Bed
11. Child below 5 Yrs of age will be complimentary.
1. Kindly note that names of hotels mentioned in the proposed hotels only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels and it is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey such confirmation to you. In case the accommodation is not available at any of the above mentioned hotels we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
2. Our offer is based on usage of base category rooms at the mentioned hotels (unless specified otherwise) and if this category of rooms is not available we shall try to confirm accommodation in next available higher category of rooms and shall advise supplementary cost involved while conveying the status.
3. We shall not be responsible for any change in the itinerary due to landslides, flight cancellations, weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances. The additional cost incurred will be in addition to the cost
4. The timings mentioned in Day schedule in the itinerary may vary depending upon the road conditions, particular destination visits, En route meals, climatic conditions, particular health conditions of the guests and timings of sightseeing places and monuments.
5. It is mandatory to carry the Photo identity Proof during travel and have to be presented at the time of Check Inn in all hotels for security reason.
SUPPLEMENTS FOR OTHER OPTIONS:
1. Professional Tourist Guide: Inr 2200 per Day.
2. River Rafting on Indus | Zanskar: Inr 1800 Per Person to Rs. 2000 Per Person
3. Motorbike hire for full day: Inr 1,800.00 Per Bike + Fuel
4. Pedal down the highest motorable road on a cycle: Inr 1,500 per pax including transport (min 4 pax)
5. Double hump Camel Ride at Nubra Valley at Sand Dunes: Inr 500 to Rs. 1000 (as per the duration)
6. Cultural Dance Program: Inr 10,000 Per Program
7. Oxygen Cylinder (Medium size) Inr 600 per day
8. ATV Ride Inr 1000 to 1500 per person
Ä Prior to 45 days or more - 25% of tour cost
Ä Between 44 and 31 days of departure - 40% of tour cost
Ä Between 30 and 15 days of departure - 50% of tour cost
Ä Between 14 days and 8 prior to date of departure - 75%
Ä Between 7 days and In case of no show - 100%
PAYMENT TERMS: -
Ä 25% advance (Non refundable ) at the time of booking confirmation (refundable in special/extreme cases)
Ä 75% balance 15 days prior to the travel date.
Ä In case the booking is made within 15 days of travel, 100% advance is required at the time of confirmation.
THE ABOVE PACKAGE TOUR COST INCLUDES:-
Ä Assistance upon arrival at Kushok Bakula Rinpoche Airport,
Ä Traditional welcome in the Hotel with Welcome Drink (Hot Tea / Coffee / Kahwa) on arrival
Ä 05 Nights Accommodation twin/double sharing basis as per the Itinerary
Ä Meal Plan - 05 Breakfast & 05 Dinner
Ä Return airport and round trip transfers along with all sightseeing tours by Non-Ac Innova | Tempo Traveller as per the itinerary
Ä Wild Life fees & Red Cross fee
Ä All toll taxes/Parking fee/Driver allowance
Ä Ladakh Entry Fee
Ä Inner Line Permit for Nubra Valley & Pangong Lake
THE ABOVE PACKAGE COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:-
Ä Any Airfare or Service tax (5%)
Ä Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
Ä Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”.
Ä The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary
Ä Guide fee, Camera fee & any monument Entrances
Ä Medical & Travel insurance
Ä Any changes you may choose to make during your tour
Ä Additional costs due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc
|Budget||Inr 14,900/- (Adult), Inr 8100/- (CWB) and Inr 5700/- (CNB)|
|Standard||Inr 17,500/- , Inr 10300/- (CWB) and Inr 7100/- (CNB)|
|Deluxe||Inr 20,700/- , Inr 13100 (CWB) and Inr 8900 (CNB)|
(5% GST Applicable)
Submit a Request